Howard University is experiencing historic and unprecedented institutional and philanthropic growth. Bolstered by an active and energetic alumni base inspired by the heightened role and significance of Howard’s place among elite higher education, the University has embarked on a significant expansion of and investment in its Advancement efforts. If you are an enthusiastic communications professional looking for a chance to make a difference, now is the time to join this historic institution and become a part of something greater.
Reporting to the Director, Advancement Communications, the Development Writer supports the Development and Alumni Relations’ goals by creating compelling and persuasive written materials for print or electronic uses. The Development Writer works strategically with colleagues to ensure messages to the external and internal communities are consistent with Howard’s standards and brand.
The ideal Development Writer will have:
• At least 5 years of relevant writing experience; experience writing for Development program highly preferred.
• Exceptional writing, editing, and oral communications skills, with a track record of producing writing in different styles and voices.
• Ability to seek out and understand complex programs, projects, or initiatives and develop the information into compelling donor-centric materials.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload with attention to detail and an urgency to meet deadlines.
• Intellectual curiosity; ability to fact-find, interpret and compile information from various continuants, including alumni, faculty, and students.
• Familiarly with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Commitment to Howard University’s mission and vision.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Howard University. All of DRi’s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/.