Development Manager to support growing engagement strategies (Remote – San Francisco, CA)
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is the largest and oldest colorectal cancer non-profit organization in the US. The Colorectal Cancer Alliance offers a variety of patient support services including grant programs, a helpline, chat forum, and a Buddy Program, which provides both survivors and caregivers with a chance to connect with someone who has gone through a similar experience. The organization serves as a source of information about colorectal health.
The ideal Development Manager will be passionate about the Colorectal Cancer Alliance’s mission and will work to sustain and grow philanthropic support that will endure their programs. The Development Manager will be eager to support the growth under the direction of the Senior Director of Special Events and will be comfortable taking the lead to achieve fundraising goals in the California region. The Development Manager is expected to conduct frequent meetings with donors and volunteers, ensuring that they are kept informed on events and how their support is making a difference. The ideal candidate’s background will include:
- At least three years of development experience.
- Experience cultivating and stewarding donors through special events.
- Competency in prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and donor relations.
- Exceptional leadership skills organizing volunteer engagement and large cultivation events.
- Knowledge of special event planning and donor management techniques and practices.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently work on multiple projects under the pressure of deadlines and time constraints.
- Extensive knowledge of the San Francisco/California area philanthropic community.
- Ability to travel up to 40% in the San Francisco, San Diego, and Sacramento regions.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the Colorectal Cancer Alliance. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected]