Development Resources inc. (DRi), a DC-based executive search and development consulting firm for non-profits and socially conscious organizations, is growing and seeks a Development Associate to help us continue to deliver exceptional client services.
Since 2001, DRi has provided services to help non-profits and socially conscious organizations located across the country and around the world to thrive, excel, and grow. We believe that non-profits make the world a significantly better place, and that the work they do every day is too important to forego the resources they need to fulfil their missions. We offer executive search, fundraising consulting, and strategic planning services to support a roster of clients that includes such renowned organizations as AARP, Habitat for Humanity, the Southern Poverty Law Center, the National Gallery of Art, and the Wildlife Conservation Society. DRi’s executive search practice helps organizations design effective staff structures and identify and recruit outstanding leaders who will help make the world a better place.
The Development Associate plays a critical role in DRi’s strategic planning and development consulting work. As a key member of these engagements, you will research the client’s situation and needs, create deliverable materials, and provide project management support. This position reports directly to the CEO. If you have an interest in growing a career in strategic planning, development, project management, and helping charitable organizations thrive, this could be the opportunity for you!
The Development Associate’s more specific responsibilities include the following key tasks:
- Project management for development assessments and evaluations
- Conducting thorough and complete research on nonprofit organizations
- Design professional surveys and training
- Synthesize and analyzing research findings
- Create detailed project timelines
- Conduct comparative data analyses and create feasibility studies
- Prepare draft reports, and work with the CEO and COO on developing final reports
- Research potential and current development clients, evaluate results, and develop and implement research strategies
- Attending & facilitating client meetings
- Act as point person for the Development Department
- Assist non-development staff on other projects as needed
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution and at least 2 years of client and project management experience in a development setting. Knowledge of the non-profit sector is preferred. Candidates should also have:
- Ability to listen for underlying needs; develop and maintain a deep understanding of clients and their business
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration skills with the ability to communicate proactively and consistently with clients at all levels across the enterprise, as well as with external contacts
- Professional interpersonal skills as well as strong business verbal and written communication skills to effectively present information in a variety of formats at all levels of the organization
- Ability to take direction and work independently as well as part of a team environment
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of business software, including Excel & PowerPoint and experience with research tools such as iWave or Wealth Management.
Development Resources, inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is seeking a diverse slate of qualified candidates for formal consideration.
Work Environment and Benefits
This position is fully remote. DRi employees receive fully subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance premiums; generous vacation and company holiday leave; annual home office stipend; and 401(k) retirement contributions.
Cover letter, resume, and 1 writing sample should be sent to: [email protected].