Homeless Narrative Action is a homeless communications and research hub (Comms Hub) crafting culturally competent, research informed messaging and developing and advancing a new homeless communications narrative. This Comms Hub is a partnership between national and state based homeless advocacy groups, housing justice advocacy organizations, and national funders.
Homeless Narrative Action understands that public policy around the homeless, affordable housing, policing practices, and supportive services is not always driven by accurate information. They believe in order to win public policy victories that end homelessness, they must first win the narrative around who is homeless and why.
As a key member of the senior leadership team, the Communications Director will lead campaigns and communications work to increase the organization’s impact and capacity to drive a public narrative change. This person will bring an inclusive management style that supports staff members to achieve their highest potential and is grounded in principles of equity and inclusion. A sample of key qualifications include:
- At least 5-7 years of senior level experience applying media relations, communications, and/or digital media expertise in political campaigns, Capitol Hill, journalism or issue advocacy organizations.
- Experience working with and on behalf of low income and diverse communities.
- Experience in communications for policy change, rapid response war room environments and especially in the role of strategic communications in electoral or advocacy campaigns.
- Experience designing and implementing integrated communications strategies.
- Superior analytical, writing, editing, verbal communication, and management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in an appropriate discipline (English, journalism, communications, public policy, or political science).
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Homeless Narrative Action. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].