Council of Korean Americans (CKA) is the leading independent, nonpartisan, national leadership organization for Korean Americans. We are dedicated to connecting, inspiring, and equipping multi-generational leaders for greater influence and impact.
CKA began in 2011 as a volunteer group of Korean American leaders in San Francisco, Washington DC, and Los Angeles who wanted to build a national organization to strengthen the voice, visibility, and influence of our community. Today, CKA is a vibrant national membership organization connecting and aligning Korean American executives and trailblazers across multiple sectors. In 2018, CKA’s National Summit & Gala drew more than 600 participants. In 2019, CKA launched six critical initiatives to achieve our mission by engaging experts and professionals, elevating the leadership skills of our members, and promoting greater awareness of the concerns of the Korean American community.
The Council of Korean Americans seeks an energetic self-starter with strong development skills and a desire to make a difference in the lives of Korean Americans. The Director will assess CKA’s existing fundraising infrastructure and lead the design of a robust program that capitalizes on the organization’s unique leadership position. An assertive and nimble leader, the Director will work well independently and as part of a team, partnering with and positioning the Executive Director to maximize engagement with different types of donors.
Qualifications for ideal candidates include:
- At least five years of experience in individual major gifts fundraising; experience soliciting and closing six-figure gifts preferred.
- Experience with the Korean American community and an understanding of how to be successful in this space is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create successful cultivation and stewardship strategies that lead to long-term donor relationships.
- Experience partnering with a CEO, other senior staff leaders, or Board members to deepen stakeholder engagement and increase investments in an organization.
- Persuasive written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of individuals.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for CKA.