Mental health organization seeks a leader to envision and develop innovative and strategic programs to foster growth (Arlington, VA)
NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans. NAMI is an alliance of more than 600 local Affiliates and 48 State Organizations who work in their communities to raise awareness and provide support and education that was not previously available to those in need.
NAMI envisions a world where all people affected by mental illness live healthy, fulfilling lives supported by a community that cares. To this end, NAMI provides advocacy, education, support, and public awareness so that all individuals and families affected by mental illness can build better lives.
NAMI is seeking a Chief Strategy and Operations Officer to lead the management and success of the strategic plan, bringing to NAMI potential new program partners. NAMI is seeking a candidate that has proven experience growing an organization and a demonstrated ability to both lead and build the capabilities of a driven, bright team. The candidate must share NAMI’s values of trust, respect, and transparency. The successful candidate will have extensive management experience and will be driven by the organization’s values and mission. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and bottom line orientation.
- Knowledge and ability to measure results for funders and other purposes.
- Ability to anticipate future consequences, trends, and opportunities and incorporate them into organizational planning.
- Ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity and capability, developing a top-notch workforce and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly.
- Exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; a team builder who has experience in growing organizations.
- Not afraid to exert leadership to bring about change and thoughtful about impact and preserving the positive culture of the organization.
- Experience working on behalf of or with disenfranchised and disempowered individuals.
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA or similar advanced degree or coursework desirable.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for NAMI. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/.