The National Quality Forum (NQF) is the only consensus-based healthcare organization in the nation. This status allows the federal government to rely on NQF-defined standards as the best approach to improving care. NQF-endorsed standards must meet rigorous criteria and are used by the federal government, states, and private-sector organizations to evaluate performance. NQF is committed to helping the nation achieve better and affordable care by setting standards, recommending measures for use in payment and public reporting programs, advancing electronic measurement, and providing information and tools to help healthcare decision-makers.
The National Quality Forum seeks a leader to serve as its next Chief Operating Officer. The COO will be able to foster internal and external conversations that build support for and engage in processes that advance the organization’s strategic priorities. As a detail-oriented professional, the COO will also be able to oversee the careful execution of those processes while valuing and striving for operational excellence. The ideal COO’s qualifications include:
- At least 15 years of progressive management experience; at least five years of executive-level experience overseeing finances (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) for a complex nonprofit with multiple funding sources and a budget of at least $20 million.
- Significant experience in government contracting and accounting.
- Thorough understanding of business operations, business analysis, systems, IT platforms and emerging technologies, human resources, and financial management.
- Experience successfully leading organizations through periods of growth and change, managing expectations and providing the necessary guidance to leadership and staff.
- Exceptional writing, speaking, and presentation skills. Experience making effective presentations to varied audiences including executive team, staff, and the Board.
- A successful track record of building, motivating, and mentoring high-performing teams across functional areas, including senior-level professionals, and connecting with staff.
- Values collaboration and relationship building; possesses solid interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in related field; MBA preferred.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the National Quality Forum. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].