Chief of Program to oversee our campaigns, elections, hill, and organizing work.
MoveOn is a community of millions of members working together to create progressive change in America. We organize to challenge entrenched power and push back against right-wing policies, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice and a vision of a country in which everyone can thrive. Whether it’s supporting a candidate, fighting to pass legislation, or working to change our culture, MoveOn members are committed to an inclusive and progressive future. We envision a world marked by equality, sustainability, justice, and love. And we mobilize together to achieve it.
MoveOn is looking for a seasoned campaigns and elections leader to oversee our campaigns, elections, hill, and organizing work. The Chief of Program provides visionary leadership, strategic direction, and management of MoveOn’s campaigning work. Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director, the Chief of Program will play a leading role in emboldening progressive activists and causes across the country while designing strategies to defeat harmful and unjust legislation, and those that support it. Responsibilities include:
The ideal Chief of Program will have:
- At least 5-7 years of experience managing people and programs, with a proven track record of setting, supporting, and leading a team, teams or organization in achieving priorities.
- Experience working in and developing strategy for both progressive electoral and advocacy campaigning.
- Experience managing rapid response campaigns in an advocacy or electoral context, with a track record of demonstrable impact in such roles.
- Strong awareness of issues of equity that impact campaigning in the US context.
- Demonstrated ability to manage equitably and develop equitable decision-making processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree requirement
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for MoveOn. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].