Sasha Bruce Youthwork is one of the largest and most experienced providers of services to youth in Washington, DC. Through three key programs—Safe Homes, Life Skills, and Workforce & Education—Sasha Bruce helps young people find their way back to stable and supportive families or set out on a path to true independence and self-sufficiency; achieve and maintain physical and mental health; and explore opportunities in education and careers. Working primarily in DC Wards Five, Six, Seven, and Eight, Sasha Bruce provides services to 1,500 youth and 5,000 family members each year. The young people who come to Sasha Bruce leave it with transformed opportunities.
Sasha Bruce Youthwork seeks a Chief of Finance and Operations to ensure the effectiveness of the agency in support of all aspects of finance, accounting, and operations. The qualified individual will provide high-level financial analysis and reporting, oversee a staff of accountants and operations professionals, manage real estate and insurance, and provide technology solutions and support. Additionally, the successful candidate will enhance and refine financial policies, operational practices, and disciplines that support the important work and mission of Sasha Bruce.
The ideal Chief of Finance and Operations will have:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in accounting, finance, or related field required.
- Three years of accounting experience within the non-profit field, as well as three years of experience with a multi-location agency and related facilities/capital needs.
- Flexible and elastic approach to problem solving while being able to maintain a strong leadership presence.
- Experience maintaining the integrity of financial data in conformity with GAAP and other governmental requirements.
- Ability to accurately and expeditiously provide grant reports, including analyzing whether the terms of the grant have been met.
- Experience preparing audit reports (FS and A-133).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related discipline required. MBA or CPA preferred.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Sasha Bruce Youthwork. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].