The Jed Foundation (JED) is a non-profit that protects emotional health and prevents suicide for our nation’s teens and young adults. Partnering with high schools and colleges to strengthen their mental health, substance misuse, and suicide prevention programs and systems, JED equips teens and young adults with the skills and knowledge to help themselves and each other. They actively encourage community awareness, understanding, and action for young adult mental health awareness.
The JED Foundation seeks an intellectually curious psychiatrist with experience working with teens and young adults to serve as the organization’s next Chief Medical Officer (CMO). Reporting to Executive Director John MacPhee, the CMO will assure the clinical, medical, and suicide prevention information promulgated by JED is of the highest quality and in keeping with the most current evidence based on effective clinical practice; and to direct and plan the thought leadership activities of JED in order to help strengthen the teen and young adult mental health and suicide prevention field. Specific requirements include:
- Adolescent and Child Psychiatrist (specializing in teens and young adults) with suicide prevention expertise, clinical treatment expertise, preventative/public health systems-level experience, and administrative leadership experience.
- Working knowledge of state-of-the-art medical, scientific, and treatment methods, as well as educational and psychosocial intervention procedures.
- Solid, proven managerial and administrative skills and expertise, preferably in environments featuring ethnically and socially diverse staff and clients.
- Knowledge of the latest research and commended practices for how to best support the mental health of potentially marginalized populations, including BIPOC youth, LGBTQ+ youth, and students who are parents, among others.
- Knowledge of how high schools, colleges, and universities protect student mental health.
- Strong working understanding of metrics and medical analytics, with a clear understanding of the importance of accurate clinical documentation.
- Track record of skillfully representing an organization in writing and in the media in a way befitting the professional and serious nature of JED’s work surrounding mental health and suicide prevention.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the JED Foundation.