The U. S Dream Academy (Dream Academy) was founded by Wintley Phipps in 1998 to connect young people living in high risk communities to positive youth development and high quality mentoring relationships to empower young people to achieve their potential with a special focus on children of incarcerated parents.
Dream Academy co-locates our programs inside Title 1 schools to provide mentoring, afterschool and positive youth development programs in Learning Centers in Baltimore, Houston, Philadelphia, Orlando, Salt Lake City, San Bernardino, and Washington, D. C.
The Dream Academy seeks a Chief Development Officer responsible for establishing strategy and planning, organizing, developing, and coordinating all aspects of fund development, fundraising, and public relations. This individual will provide leadership on all fundraising initiatives to include special events, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, donor cultivation, and grant writing. Together with their team, this leader will identify, organize, and manage fundraising activities with a focus on new opportunities to obtain ongoing and increased support from corporations, public and private organizations, faith communities, and individuals. Specific requirements include:
- At least seven years of experience in development for an educational entity, including fundraising with a demonstrated record of success.
- Demonstrated ability to set and monitor the strategic direction of a complex development program and ensure its alignment with organizational goals.
- Successful experience building long-term relationships with donors and soliciting and closing large sponsorships and gifts.
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute a moves management process that expands a donor base and builds a major donor pipeline.
- Experience establishing strong relationships with executive leaders and volunteer Boards/committees and leveraging them effectively in the fundraising process.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex messages to diverse audiences.
- Passion for youth development and supporting and working with youth and their families in high-risk communities
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required, to include non-profit leadership, business administration, marketing, communications, etc. Master’s degree is preferred.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the U.S. Dream Academy. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].