NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans. NAMI is an alliance of more than 600 local Affiliates and 48 State Organizations who work in their communities to raise awareness and provide support and education that was not previously available to those in need.
NAMI envisions a world where all people affected by mental illness live healthy, fulfilling lives supported by a community that cares. To this end, NAMI provides advocacy, education, support, and public awareness so that all individuals and families affected by mental illness can build better lives.
NAMI seeks a new Chief Communications Officer (CCO) to play a critical leadership role on the executive team of NAMI. The preferred candidate will be expected to provide strategic direction and a strong guiding voice on matters related to the reputation and brand management of the organization. The CCO will be instrumental in helping to reconcile and prioritize communications and marketing strategies and activities in order to create and confirm a unified message for the organization. They will also be asked to develop new and better ways for working across the organization and fostering more seamless integration between functional areas. The ideal CCO will have:
- 15+ years of experience in professional writing and editing.
- 10+ years of experience managing mid- managers and executives preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and methodologies of communications, public/media relations, and speech writing.
- Strong verbal skills and ability to write, with the capacity to manage multiple projects, timelines, and expectations.
- Knowledge of research techniques with the ability to think critically and secure information needed to develop communications materials for the Office of the President.
- Strong knowledge of the mental health space, with an extensive network of contacts and relationships across the field
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred in Business/Public Administration, Communications, Public/Media Relations, English or closely related field.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for NAMI. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/.