Dynamic, inspirational leader sought to head premier disability services organization
St. Coletta of Greater Washington empowers children and adults with intellectual disabilities to discover their full potential. St. Coletta believes in the immeasurable value of the individual human spirit and the right of each individual to live as full and independent a life as possible. St. Coletta respects the dignity of all persons entrusted to their care. The goal is to serve them in an atmosphere that encourages their talents, celebrates their successes, and builds their self-esteem.
St. Coletta of Greater Washington is seeking an experienced Chief Executive Officer to lead and manage the organization while achieving educational and operational goals. This person will be responsible for strategically growing St. Coletta with an eye toward achieving success not only for the school, but for the children and adults that benefit from their services. Working with and reporting to the Board of Trustees and the Charter School Board, this leader will establish meaningful short- and long-term objectives that link directly to the organization’s strategic plan. Believing in the inherent value of all persons, including those with disabilities, will be paramount to the CEO’s success in inspiring a culture of excellence. Specific requirements include:
- At least 10 years of experience in a leadership position, with a direct and current knowledge of state and federal guidelines for Special Education.
- Track record of providing leadership and direction toward the achievement of an organization’s strategic mission and annual goals.
- Knowledge of functions and services provided by the government and private institutions, community organizations, and groups involved in activities related to individuals with autism and/or intellectual disabilities.
- Understanding of the methods and techniques of program planning, development, coordination, and evaluation.
- Ability to engage with key stakeholders from the political, legislative, educational, and corporate domains.
- Proven success in identifying new revenue sources, to include relationship building, stewardship, and successful gift closure.
- Master’s Degree in Education, Business Administration, or a related field is required; Doctorate or MBA preferred.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for St. Coletta of Greater Washington. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].