Ward 8 non-profit Building Bridges Across the River seeks campaign director to close out 11th Street Bridge Park’s $139M Capital Campaign (Washington, DC)
In the heart of the Nation’s Capital, the 11th Street Bridge Park is a place for residents to unite, communities to meet, and people to gather. A project of the Ward 8 non-profit Building Bridges Across the River, the Bridge Park is built on a foundation of equity, collaboration, sustainability, and trust, the Bridge Park staff has worked to ensure the park will benefit legacy Washingtonians and residents for generations to come. A beautiful and iconic architectural symbol for the District of Columbia, the Bridge Park stitches together our city and supports thriving neighborhoods and vibrant civic life. The Bridge Park is about creating a place for all of us.
The 11th Street Bridge Park is seeking a Capital Campaign Director, a new position for the organization. The Director will work with the Building Bridges Across the River (BBAR) Vice President to lead the Capital Campaign’s overall strategy to its successful conclusion. The Director will be responsible for building and managing a portfolio of prospects and donors raising an additional $30M from corporate, foundation, and a new portfolio of individual donors. This position will write and submit grants to support the Capital Campaign; research, connect, and solicit prospects; compile grant and financial reports; and lead Capital Campaign events.
- Five to seven years of relevant fundraising experience.
- Strength in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding 5- and 6-figure donors from all constituencies.
- Demonstrated project management experience coordinating complicated projects with many moving parts.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors, and prospective donors.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, and dedication to the mission and objectives of the Bridge Park
- Proven ability to manage a complex budget, including tracking and reporting progress to organizational leadership.
- Deep knowledge and cultural understanding of Wards 8 and 6, which lie adjacent to the Bridge Park is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for 11th Street Bridge Park. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].