National leader in young adult mental health seeks dynamic and influential new Board member.
The Jed Foundation (JED) is a non-profit that protects emotional health and prevents suicide for our nation’s teens and young adults. JED equips teens and young adults with the skills and knowledge to help themselves and each other. They actively encourage community awareness, understanding, and action for young adult mental health awareness.
In 1998, Donna and Phil Satow lost their youngest son, Jed, to suicide. In 2000, Donna and Phil founded The Jed Foundation to address the lack of mental health preparedness that students face in school and launch a blueprint for prevention across the country. Today, JED is the nation’s leading organization dedicated to young adult mental health and suicide prevention.
The Jed Foundation is seeking a connected and creative new Board member to further their mission and provide new opportunities for continued success. This member will be joining the organization at an exciting time of growth and will serve as a fresh voice in an already active conversation regarding mental health and suicide prevention. Board members will meet formally four times throughout the year in New York City to review the organization’s financial status and organizational plan, and to decide on next steps. Key responsibilities include:
- Set the direction of the organization, including providing input and guidance on the mission and vision, setting goals, monitoring the strategic plan, and approving the organization’s budget.
- Monitor the successful implementation of the organization’s programs and services by reviewing outcomes and metrics created by JED staff.
- Participate in the development of a new strategic plan through 2025 that encompasses JED’s fulfillment of funding responsibilities, overseeing its implementation and evaluating its success.
- Act as a mentor to senior staff, using your unique perspective to guide staff members in areas where you have already seen personal and professional success.
- Consider JED a philanthropic priority and make an annual contribution and/or generate contributions for a total of at least $25K. JED expects 100% of Board members to make an annual contribution that is commensurate with capacity.
- Act as an enthusiastic ambassador for the organization to other agencies, funders or potential funders, thought leaders, key decision makers, and the general public.
- Attend all Board meetings either in-person or by phone, and review in detail all supporting materials prior to the Board and committee meetings.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for The Jed Foundation. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].