Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger one issue at a time. The organization helps malnourished children and provides communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger. For 40 years, Action Against Hunger has led the global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within this lifetime. Their teams have been on the front lines, treating and preventing malnutrition across more than 50 countries around the world, reaching over 21 million people.
Action Against Hunger is seeking an Associate Director of Major Gifts to design a comprehensive fundraising strategy that leverages current resources, mines untapped opportunities, and maximizes return on investment to generate sustained growth in unrestricted and overall revenue. Reporting to the Director of External Relations and working closely with a team of diverse development professionals, the Associate Director of Major Gifts will employ a full range of tools to grow major donor revenue streams. The Associate Director will drive the creation of a sustainable planned giving program. Under the Associate Director of Major Gifts’ leadership, Action Against Hunger will launch comprehensive efforts to expand its individual giving base.
The ideal Associate Director of Major Gifts will have:
- 8 to 10 years of progressively responsible experience in non-profit resource generation, particularly working with high-net-worth individuals.
- Experience securing and conducting personal face-to-face visits on a semi-regular basis to qualify, engage, solicit, and steward major donors and prospects.
- Outstanding major gift fundraising record, with a demonstrated ability to secure 5-figure and larger donations and implement best practice donor communication and stewardship initiatives.
- Collaborative and respectful professional manner; enjoys contributing to a healthy and positive work environment.
- Record of success in establishing and implementing financial goals and strategies, identifying and analyzing challenges, and formulating creative solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Action Against Hunger. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].