Alliance for Safety and Justice (ASJ) is a multi-state organization that aims to replace over-incarceration with more effective public safety solutions rooted in crime prevention, community health, rehabilitation, and support for crime victims. ASJ partners with leaders and advocates to advance state criminal justice reform through policy advocacy, coalition building, research, education, and strategic communications. ASJ also brings together crime survivors and people with old convictions to advance policies that help communities most harmed by crime and violence. ASJ is comprised of justice data and policy experts, grassroots organizers, attorneys, and campaigners – they combine research and smart policy proposals with lobbying, constituency building, and alliances to win changes in state laws.
Alliance for Safety and Justice seeks an Individual Giving Manager to oversee all (c)3 and (c)4 individual giving activities. Working alongside the Development Director, the Individual Giving Manager will build a new base of individual support by developing and executing a comprehensive individual giving strategy including but not limited to prospecting and cultivating mid-level and major donors, building stewardship processes and protocols, and organizing grassroots donor strategies. This experienced development professional will have the unique opportunity to strengthen ASJ’s community of supporters and contribute to the growth and sustainability of the organization during a critical growth phase. Qualifications include:
- At least 5 years of fundraising experience, with a minimum of 2 years of proven experience in individual giving at a mission-driven organization or non-profit (preferably in a political or issue advocacy campaign setting).
- Familiarity with criminal justice issues preferred.
- Experience securing large grants or major gifts ($50,000 and up).
- Proficiency with EveryAction, Salesforce, or another donor database.
- Experience communicating information with co-workers, stakeholders and/or the public; reading correspondence, instructions and/or technical documents; writing correspondence and/or reports and filling in forms.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, listen and learn from feedback, and make decisions in accordance with established policies.
- Proficient experience using workplace apps including Slack, Asana, Google apps, and similar tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Alliance for Safety and Justice.