Since 1983, AccessLex Institute has continually evolved to meet the ever-changing challenges and needs of the law students and institutions that they serve. They are steadfast in their commitment to inform students of the economic realities of law school without limiting their aspirations. They conduct and commission research to illuminate the latest data and evidence on the most critical issues facing legal education today. As a nonprofit organization underpinned by nearly 200 American Bar Association-approved nonprofit and state-affiliated law schools, AccessLex is dedicated to the betterment of legal education.
The Vice President, Marketing and Communications plays a central role in the success of the Company. This position is responsible for leading strategic and tactical efforts to further the identity and reputation of the Company, its Centers and its nonprofit products and services. The Vice President reports directly to the President and CEO and will lead a team that is tasked with creating and disseminating a wide range of content across many different channels in support of the continued acceptance and growth of the Company’s brand and market share/penetration of its products and services, while advancing the Company’s positioning as a leading and trusted voice in the legal education space. Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a related field.
- Minimum ten years of directly related experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills, including the ability to lead teams through change, measure and manage performance and develop processes and policies designed to optimize the effectiveness and productivity of the department and its members.
- Able to think and act both analytically and strategically and interpret data from diverse sources to recommend a course of action; and
- Demonstrated understanding of principles, strategy and methods in the areas of marketing, advertising, public relations, design and web.
- Able to lead the integration of marketing principles, strategies and techniques into web design and development.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills with proven ability to multi-task, adhere to deadlines and respond quickly when necessary.
- Hands-on experience building and running marketing campaigns. Deep understanding of digital marketing technology (social media platforms, SEO, etc.);
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency, a clear set of priorities, a strong work ethic, and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances in a highly collaborative environment.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for AccessLex.