Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger. The organization helps malnourished children and provides communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger. As the world’s leading hunger specialist, Action Against Hunger’s primary goal is to create a better way to deal with hunger. For 40 years, the organization has led the global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within this lifetime. Their teams have been on the front lines, treating and preventing malnutrition across more than 50 countries around the world, helping people in need. Action Against Hunger’s lifesaving impact is supported by 7,500+ field staff assisting more than 21 million people responding to emergencies caused by conflict, natural disasters, and food crises.
Board of Directors of Action Against Hunger-USA are responsible for setting the strategic direction of the organization through a strong governance mechanism including a fiduciary responsibility to protect the assets of the organization to assure its growth and sustainability. They should have a passion for their mission and ideally, a specific interest in or connection to the areas they where we work. AAH USA is part of the Against Hunger global network, with a focus on countries in East Africa and Haiti.
Benefits of Board Members:
- Fulfillment in being part of a mission that saves countless number of lives and provides hope to children.
- Networking opportunities with accomplished professionals.
- The honor of association with one of the most highly regarded and effective organizations in the humanitarian aid sector.
- The opportunity to learn from other Board of Directors to strengthen one’s own leadership.
- Public recognition through Action Against Hunger’s website and other communication materials.
- The opportunity to visit a field program to enhance one’s outlook and deepen commitment to serve the vulnerable and less fortunate in society.
Development Resources, inc. (DRi) is leading this search for Action Against Hunger.