Presbyterian Church (USA) (PC(USA)) is the largest Presbyterian denomination in the United States. PC(USA) is known for its progressive stance on social justice issues, valuing the diversity of its followers and encouraging inclusion in its faith-based activities.
PC(USA) seeks to be a Matthew 25 denomination, focused on building congregational vitality, eradicating systemic poverty, and dismantling structural racism.
PC(USA), A Corporation is the corporate entity of the General Assembly of PC(USA). It holds funds and titles to property. In essence, A Corporation is the “business office” for the General Assembly. A Corporation stands at the intersection of church and business.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) seeks a Chief Financial Officer / Chief Operating Officer (CFO/COO) to join the leadership team and provide clear guidance on finance and operations best practices. The CFO/COO will have a successful track record of experience in positions of increasing responsibility within a financial and operational environment. The successful candidate will have the ability to operate at a very detailed level while keeping in mind the “big picture” and the political dynamics and context. Specific technical and interpersonal qualities will include:
- 15 or more years of broad progressively responsible experience leading in finance and operations.
- Experience working in a faith-based, non-profit environment; active membership with Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is highly desired.
- Demonstrated commitment to leading with integrity and the ability to drive a positive tone at the top.
- Ability to apply appropriate leadership strategies to effectively deliver business objectives while acting proactively and thinking strategically in anticipating organizational needs, recognizing the broader environment and contextual dynamics.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex financial data and concepts in a concise manner (written and oral presentations) to a variety of audiences (internal client partners, third parties, and the Church at large) as well as excellent listening and comprehension skills.
- Positively develops relationships with stakeholders and communicates and gains commitments from internal and external stakeholders; uses emerging technologies effectively to collaborate and communicate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and master’s degree, CPA preferred.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), A Corporation. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected].