Opportunity Village is the source of pride, purpose, and a paycheck for nearly 3,000 adults with disabilities annually. Its unique approach and success has made it Las Vegas’ Best Nonprofit Organization, according to the Las Vegas Review Journal. It is seeking a Vice President of Philanthropy to create a world-class development program befitting its role as a national model for the full integration of people with disabilities into their local communities.
Opportunity Village is not just a charity: it is an employment hub that serves individuals with disabilities and the local businesses where they work; it is an enrichment hub that gives individuals creative outlets and connects them with audiences who buy their work; it is a hub of activity that runs events bringing hundreds of thousands of people together annually.
Opportunity Village is marshalling the significant support and visibility it has achieved to undertake an organization-wide effort to adopt state-of-the-art systems and strategies that will set the stage for the organization’s next 60 years. Opportunity Village is seeking a Vice President of Philanthropy
To develop and implement strategies to support the next phase of its growth. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President of Philanthropy leads a talented team of more than 20 in the design and execution of all aspects of a comprehensive $6M philanthropic program, including special events, annual and major gifts, corporate partnerships, and capital campaigns.
The ideal Vice President of Philanthropy will have:
- 10+ years of leadership-level experience within the development program of a non-profit organization.
- Successful experience working with individual donors and personally securing 6- and 7-figure gifts.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with senior leaders and Board members and to facilitate, guide, and encourage their engagement in the fundraising process.
- Record of setting and meeting ambitious growth goals in both major gift programs and campaigns.
- Prior experience leading an effective fundraising team to measurably increase performance.
- Commitment to Opportunity Village’s mission and core values and an ability to model them in relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.