An award-winning international organization seeks a Vice President of Marketing, Development, & Communications to integrate comprehensive public engagement strategies that support women rebuilding their lives and communities in countries affected by war and conflict.
We know that when a woman has the support of her sisters, she is unstoppable.
–Women for Women International
Women for Women International has provided nearly 478,000 women survivors of war, civil strife, and other conflict with the tools and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability and self-sufficiency, thereby promoting viable civil societies. Women for Women believes that if a woman is armed with skills, knowledge, and resources, she can create sustainable change for herself, her family, and her community. Women for Women’s approach and impact have been recognized with the prestigious Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
Women for Women benefits from an enormously committed, talented, and hardworking group of staff and volunteers around the globe. Teamwork is as important in Women for Women’s culture as it is in its programs around the world: staff drive toward the vision of every women being able to fulfill her potential and achieve this vision through a set of five core values: empowerment, integrity, respect, resilience, and courage. Under the direction of CEO Laurie Adams sets the standard for Women for Women’s global team.
Under Adams’s leadership, Women for Women has committed to mobilizing greater resources, expanding its reach around the world, and increasing programs for marginalized women. As part of this effort, women for Women is seeking a Vice President of Marketing, Development, & Communications.
The VP MDC plays a significant role in WfWI’s success, leading a team of senior direct reports to develop and deliver outstanding messaging and outreach strategies that attract private investment and enable the growth of the organization and the hundreds of thousands of women it serves. With overall responsibility for brand management and all non-governmental revenue sources—including sponsorships, direct mail, online giving, major donors, and corporate and foundation support—the VP will direct the development and implementation of a plan to expand both grassroots and high-level engagement, meet the annual fundraising goal, and expand revenue over the next 3 years. Reporting directly to the CEO, the VP will be a member of the senior executive team and work closely with an engaged Global Board of Directors.
- At least 10 years senior leadership experience, with at least 5 years in an ambitious, forward-thinking development and marketing program.
- Experience steering creative and powerful messaging that fueled revenue growth at all levels: direct marketing, sponsorships, small dollar fundraising, and major giving.
- Understanding of and experience in all phases of major donor portfolio management; experience working with foundations and corporations as well as individuals is necessary.
- Record of personally soliciting 6- and 7-figure gifts.
- Sophisticated understanding of Board dynamics.
- Strong fiscal management skills, including P&L responsibility for $10M+ budgets.
- Ability to build a well-supported, carefully nurtured, and high-performing team.