Children International is a leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. From the toddler stage to young adulthood, Children International surrounds kids with a caring team, a safe place and a clear path out of poverty through programs focused on health, education, empowerment and employment. Today, this approach directly supports 220,000 children in 10 countries around the world. Children International’s supporters are inspired as they see children radically change their lives and create a ripple effect that impacts their families and communities for generations to come.
Children International’s anti-poverty work has historically been funded primarily through a one-to-one sponsorship program that generates more than $72M annually. As the direct response marketplace continues to shift technologically, generationally, and strategically, Children International is committed to developing a best-in-class system for the 21st century. This commitment is part of a larger strategy to take CI programs “from good to great” by elevating its people, systems, and practices worldwide.
Children International seeks a Vice President of Donor Marketing to lead the acquisition, cultivation, and retention of CI’s largest segment of fundraising, the mass customer file. Reporting to the CEO, the VP will direct the development of products (sponsorship and new products), channels (existing and new), and approaches—including but not limited to digital, print, call center engagement, peer to peer, and advocacy efforts—that accelerate and elevate ongoing retention and cultivation efforts and establish a strong connection between CI kids and contributors. The VP is also accountable for developing strategic communications, brand messaging, and public relations engagements that are cohesive, unique for this space, and build brand awareness. The new VP will have the opportunity to evaluate current fundraising and communication strategies, consolidate strengths, and lead innovation that delivers the financial growth needed to expand CI’s impact globally.
The ideal Vice President of Donor Marketing will have:
- 10 to 15 years of experience leading large-scale fundraising and donor communications.
- Record of leading, managing, and integrating ambitious, forward-thinking fundraising and communications initiatives.
- Proven success in developing, executing, and managing customer loyalty and continuity programs in a non-profit organization.
- Sophisticated understanding of sponsorship program dynamics.
- Proven success in utilizing mobile, digital, CRM, social media, and data to build powerful brand identity and awareness.
- Relentlessly results-oriented and entrepreneurial leadership style with a demonstrated ability to achieve strategic objectives.
- Ability to work effectively in a flat organization and to partner/collaborate with leaders across functions.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA in marketing or general management or the equivalent in years of relevant experience is preferred.