RIF is the leading champion for children’s literacy: in partnership with a grassroots network of 1 million volunteers in schools and communities nationwide, it has distributed more than 415 million books and impacted the lives of more than 50 million children.
RIF believes every child deserves an opportunity to own books, learn how to read, and obtain the fundamental building blocks to achieve their highest potential. Literacy opens doors and enables every child the chance to live their own journey. RIF has identified a significant and cyclical literacy crisis facing America today and it begins with the literacy rate among children. Its current program addresses this crisis.
RIF seeks a Vice President of Development who is a strategic leader, an expert fundraiser, and a skilled relationship manager. The Vice President of Development will work with the CMO and development team to evaluate, create, and execute philanthropy strategies to ensure a diverse and sustainable revenue portfolio to support RIF’s mission. The VP of Development is responsible for the oversight, planning and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program that secures significant financial resources from foundations, corporations, and community organizations in support of children’s literacy.
Ideal candidates for the Vice President of Development role will have:
- At least eight years of experience in philanthropy required, ideally in education, literacy or an organization that serves children.
- Demonstrated ability to build a culture of philanthropy within an organization and to enthusiastically and successfully engage in corporate and foundation solicitation.
- Proven success in writing grant proposals, asking for and closing donations, and building and maintaining long-term relationships with foundations and corporations.
- A consummate team player with a flexible, collaborative and creative approach who can lead from behind and empower teammates to contribute their best.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.