Council for a Strong America is an indispensable ally to advocacy organizations seeking to create a generation of well-educated youth equipped to lead productive lives. The organization seeks a Vice President of Development to lead a talented fundraising program to help diversify its support.
About the Organization
Council for a Strong America has mobilized unique and powerful voices to change public debates about public policy investment in children. Council for a Strong America united five organizations comprised of law enforcement leaders, retired admirals and generals, business executives, pastors, and prominent coaches and athletes who promote solutions that ensure the next generation of Americans will be citizen-ready. With more than 9,000 members and decades of expertise and leadership across communities, the organization works together to promote evidence-based policies that strengthen the country.
About the Opportunity
Council for a Strong America seeks a highly-skilled Vice President of Development to lead a talented fundraising team. The ideal Vice President of Development will have a sophisticated understanding of opportunities and challenges related to fundraising for an advocacy organization and a demonstrated record of success communicating the unique ways that non-profit advocacy organizations shape and advance public policy.
Reporting to the President, serving on the organization’s leadership team, and working closely with the Board of Directors, the Vice President of Development will be responsible for designing and executing a comprehensive fundraising strategy to secure and diversify financial support for the organization.
The ideal Vice President of Development will have:
- At least 10 years of senior management experience, with extensive experience in foundation grants.
- Experience in comprehensive fundraising for children’s issues or programs; experience in an advocacy organization and/or advocacy campaigns is preferred.
- Proven track record raising 5-, 6-, and 7-figure donations to support advocacy efforts.
- Expertise in principles of donor stewardship necessary to renew gifts and increase gift levels.
- Background in public policy, early childhood, education, nutrition, or youth issues is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred.