North Country Public Radio (NCPR), an award-winning public radio station broadcasting to the U.S. and Canada from St. Lawrence University in New York state’s breathtaking North Country, has retained Development Resources, inc. to carry out the search for a Station Manager who will lead the station to thrive at the nexus of changes facing public media institutions today.
NCPR’s small team delivers programs that cover a vast region, stretching from Lake Ontario in the west to Burlington, Vermont in the east, from Ontario in the north to Saratoga Springs, NY in the south. The station serves an incredibly diverse population, from those who make their homes in the region year-round to seasonal residents and members of the St. Lawrence University community where the station is licensed and housed. NCPR’s reputation for integrity has earned it hundreds of awards and a devoted listenership across this diversity.
For the last three decades, NCPR has thrived under a three-person leadership team, including the Station Manager, News Director, and Broadcast and Digital Director. In 2019, the team is collectively stepping down as part of a planned leadership transition. NCPR seeks a new Station Manager to take the helm of the station, build a new senior team, and lead a highly talented staff to sustain a culture of innovation and establish NCPR as a national public media leader.
Ideal candidates for this role will have:
- At least 10 years of experience in a senior leadership role.
- Record of leading entrepreneurial initiatives in any kind of media institution.
- Sophisticated literacy in all aspects of contemporary journalism.
- Compelling vision for the future of public media.
- Record of participating successfully and enthusiastically in fundraising programs.
- Knowledge of regional culture of the North Country is useful but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.