Keystone Symposia serves as the catalyst for the advancement of biomedical and life sciences, has retained Development Resources inc. to lead its search for a new Director of Individual Giving, who will manage donor relationships to identify potential new supporters, and significantly increase revenue.
In 2001, Keystone Symposia organized its first conference outside of the US, hosted in Canada focusing on Hematopoiesis. The attention Keystone Symposia brings across the world help aid in the distribution of ideas, methods, and advancement in the scientific community. More than half the symposia are held in mountain venues across the American and Canadian West, with the remainder generally in North American cities and various global locations. Keystone has convened conferences on six continents: Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
Keystone Symposia seeks a Director of Individual Giving to serve as a key member for building the network to secure gifts to advance the biomedical and life sciences. Reporting to the President and CEO, the Director will be charged with developing and implementing a strategic fundraising plan to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual and family foundation donors at all giving levels. Additionally, the Director will maintain a portfolio of corporate donors.
Desired qualifications for this role include:
- At least seven years of progressively responsible development experience, including significant experience designing and implementing integrated individual giving programs.
- Experience in building a major individual donor program.
- Record of leading strategies that have grown and diversified a donor base.
- Ability to design cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for individual giving.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and engage diverse audiences and to build long-term relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in a related field is preferred.