Philadelphia’s Public Health Management Corporation seeks a principal for Fairwold Academy in Fort Washington, PA. Reporting to the Executive Director, the principal leads the academic program at Fairwold, a K-12 Approved Private School.
Fairwold Academy, part of the Public Health Management Corporation family since January 2018, provides high-quality, comprehensive academics within a therapeutic framework. Its two schools—Approved Private School (APS) and SPIRIT—integrate a curriculum based on Pennsylvania state standards to serve students facing a wide range of emotional, behavioral, and intellectual challenges. Surrounded by a deeply caring and accepting community that is committed to trauma-informed care and positive behavioral interventions and supports (PBIS), Fairwold’s students are empowered to rise above adversity and seek out opportunities best suited to their interests. A holistic and team-driven approach to education gives students the continuity and customized coordination of service they need to lead productive, fulfilling lives as they choose to define them.
PHMC seeks an inspiring education professional to lead the academic program at Fairwold Academy. The Principal is responsible for directing and overseeing the staff of the Approved Private School, including leading the implementation of planned curricular updates and assessment of their efficacy. The Principal mentors, nurtures and sustains classroom teachers and assistants; collaborates with other program administrators to create a well-integrated experience for students; and works closely with the Executive Director to achieve short- and long-term program priorities.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an accomplished educator with:
- At least six years of full-time teaching in special education; at least three years of leadership experience outside the classroom (e.g., division coordinator, director of curriculum, assistant principal).
- Master’s degree in Special Education; PA Instructional Certificate in Special Education N-12; PA Elementary and/or Secondary Principal certificate.
- Strong organizational and program management skills.
- Record of hiring and developing high-caliber staff and empowering them to deliver high-quality teaching and services.
- Ability to engage in the classroom environment, teaching, performing observations and offering constructive feedback to ensure that curricular standards are maintained.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with diverse families and other external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated record of using analysis, creativity, and consistency in the advancement of an academic program.