Silver Springs – Martin Luther School seeks a Director for Martin Luther School, an Approved Private School (APS) in Plymouth Meeting, PA, that has served the most marginalized students in the educational system since 1969.
Martin Luther School (MLS) serves students in kindergarten through eighth grade who require full-time emotional support in an out-of-district placement. The School’s curriculum closely mirrors that of the public schools, and MLS has a strong record of helping students make sufficient behavioral and academic gains to successfully transition back to their home districts. Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is the key framework, and MLS was one of 23 schools in the Commonwealth that earned Implemented with Fidelity at All Three Tiers honors in 2017/2018. With a largest-ever census of 220 for Fall 2018, MLS is poised for continued growth and aspires to become nothing less than the best educational institution of its kind.
MLS is the largest division of Silver Springs, a multifaceted organization that provides a range of specialized services and supports for children who struggle with emotional and behavioral challenges. Its unique set of services—including the Residential Treatment Program, Foster Family Care, Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services, and Outpatient Mental Health Services—combined with a stellar APS positions Silver Springs – Martin Luther School to research, innovate, and lead in the integration of services to children with special needs.
The new Director will help envision future opportunities while continuing to enhance and strengthen the current delivery of curriculum and behavioral supports at MLS. This “leader of leaders” will be a special education expert with genuine compassion for all the children that Silver Springs serves. The Director will be knowledgeable of best practices in special education and behavioral interventions, but also will be continuously curious about new approaches that may lead to innovations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience leading special education services within a school or school district.
- A Master’s degree in Education with appropriate Special Education certification.
- Experience leading from an organization-wide perspective, including change management, strategic planning, collaborative goal setting, and focused implementation.
- Proven track record collecting, interpreting, and using data for informed decision-making.
- Highly collaborative and transparent temperament, with excellent communications skills.
- Strong self-direction, with a balance of confidence, self-knowledge, and humility.
- Ability to meet all regulatory agency requirements and Silver Springs’ policies, background checks and other clearances.