One of the nation’s leading nonpartisan gender equity organizations is seeking a Manager, Major Gifts to help take advantage of a pivotal opportunity to expand its impact.
AAUW is a pioneering organization dedicated to advancing equity and education for women and girls and empowering them to reach their highest potential. What began in 1881 as a group of 17 like-minded women has grown into a powerful grassroots network with more than 170,000 members and supporters, 1,000 local branches, and more than 800 college and university partners across the United States. AAUW recently completed a CEO transition designed to steer the organization in new directions as its demographics and the public policy challenges it confronts continue to evolve.
CEO Kimberly Churches has begun a robust strategic planning process that will weave all of AAUW’s initiatives into a clear and compelling voice that advances non-partisan engagement with members and other stakeholders in an increasingly polarized and still inequitable political and socio-economic environment. The Manger, Major Gifts will help advance this effort by engaging members, a new generation of supporters, and a politically diverse donor base to secure major gifts that advance AAUW’s mission.
Reporting to the Vice President of Major and Planned Gifts and working with the Advancement & Partnerships team, the Manager, Major Gifts draws on creative personal engagement and methodical moves management to expand a donor base, build a sustainable stream of mid-level and major gift support, and increase AAUW’s philanthropic revenue. Beginning with 4,000 prospects qualified for major giving and providing comprehensive portfolio management for a diverse spectrum of supporters and donors, the Manager helps AAUW grow as a voice for all women and girls.
The Manager’s specific qualifications include:
- At least 5 years of successful fundraising experience, including experience in a complex advocacy or other non-profit organization with multiple programs and services.
- Proven ability to expand an individual donor base and increase gift levels and revenue.
- Track record of consistently securing 5-and 6-figure gifts.
- Strong interpersonal skills with diverse audiences, including individuals of many backgrounds as well as non-profit executives and Board members.
- Ability to articulate a case for support across the spectrum of a polarized political environment in a nonpartisan organization.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including managing a project from beginning to end, meeting goals and deadlines, and working within budget allocations.
- High degree of proficiency with relevant office and fundraising software, including Crescendo, Raiser’s Edge, and Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.