One of the nation’s highest ranked charities with one of the most distinctive models of community-based fundraising is seeking a Major Gifts Manager to assist in its fight against child poverty.
Cradles to Crayons (C2C) was founded in 2002, with a mission of providing children, from birth to age 12 living in low-income and homeless situations, with the essential items they need in order to grow and thrive –at home, at school, and at play. Cradles to Crayons is at the cutting edge of volunteer management, serving as one of the most attractive organizations to volunteer at in its headquartered city of Boston, providing unique, hands-on opportunities to help others in need. As Cradles to Crayons continues to execute on its strategic plan, the organization intends to expand into new markets and grow its impact.
Reporting to the Director of Major Gifts, the Major Gifts Manager supports the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual/family gifts with the goal of broadening the family philanthropy platform and working with the Director of Major Gifts to help increase the number of major gifts. The primary focus of this position is to provide support for the Family Advisory Council and to supervise the Family Philanthropy Coordinator in their work, particularly regarding the Family Leadership Circle and Teen Leadership Corps respectively.
The Manager’s specific qualifications should include:
- Bachelor’s degree; degree in Communications, English, Journalism, or Political Science preferred.
- Three to five years of professional experience in development; experience in Greater Boston philanthropic community preferred.
- Experience managing and growing affinity groups and donor circles preferred.
- Management experience; at least one year in a supervisory role preferred.
- Experience planning, managing, and implementing fundraising events.
- Superior writing and editing skills, and a comprehensive understanding of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency in SalesForce or a CRM system such as Raiser’s Edge and research tools such as Foundation Directory or GrantStation.
- Experience participating in teams with shared responsibility for outcomes and decision-making, while demonstrating outstanding interpersonal communication skills and a flexible, adaptable work style.