The Child Mind Institute believes that no child should suffer from a mental health or learning disorder. It seeks a Major Gift Officer to help create a future where this vision is a reality.
The Child Mind Institute is an independent, national non-profit dedicated to transforming the lives of children and families struggling with mental health and learning disorders. The Institute’s teams work every day to deliver the highest standards of care, advance the science of the developing brain and empower parents, professionals and policymakers to support children when and where they need it most. At this watershed moment for mental health care, collaboration, capacity-building, and scalability are central to the success of the Child Mind Institute’s mission.
The Child Mind Institute raises both fee-for-service and philanthropic revenue to support its activities. Families who utilize the Institute’s six clinical centers generate revenue that helps provide care for patients without the same financial resources. The Major Gift Officer to help enhance its annual individual donor program, maximizing support for the Institute’s mission and vision. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Major Gift Officer will leverage relationships with grateful patients to support a team that would build a program aimed at ultimately generating $1M annually. The MGO will design and implement major donor pipeline management systems, engage leaders and senior staff from across the Institute, and personally cultivate prospects as both donors and volunteers.
The ideal Major Gift Officer will have:
- At least 3 years of experience in a fundraising program of a non-profit organization.
- Comprehensive understanding of the principles and best practices of individual donor pipeline development and portfolio management, including knowledge of how to use donor databases to orchestrate and analyze moves management processes.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, cultivate, and steward long-term donor relationships that expand a donor base, increase revenue, and advance institutional goals.
- Record of soliciting and securing 5- and 6-figure gifts; experience soliciting both annual and campaign gifts is useful.
- Prior success at forging relationships with donors and deepening their engagement as major donors and volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.