Development Resources inc. (DRi), a DC-based professional services firm for non-profits, has a special opportunity for an outgoing person who likes networking and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Since 2001, DRi has provided services to help non-profits located across the country and around the world to thrive, excel, and grow. We are founded on the belief that non-profits make the world a significantly better place, and that the work they do every day is too important to forego the resources they need to fulfill their missions. We offer executive search, fundraising consulting, and strategic planning services to support a roster of non-profit clients that includes such renowned organizations as AARP, Carnegie Science, Heifer International, NPR, and Ocean Conservancy. DRi’s work helps non-profits design effective marketing and fundraising programs and identify and recruit outstanding leaders who make the world a better place.
DRi has an opportunity for an outgoing person who likes networking to serve as an Executive Search Associate. Under the direction of senior search leaders, the Executive Search Associate plays a front-line role in identifying, assessing, and recruiting candidates for DRi‘s executive search practice. S/he performs research and conducts outreach in order to build a candidate pool, evaluate potential candidates’ fit for specific positions, and encourage candidate interest. Reporting to DRi Principals, the Executive Search Associate helps ensure that both DRi and our clients have access to the highest-quality talent.
For the right person, this position is a unique opportunity to develop critical career skills, including the ability to:
- Be a confident representative to high-level leaders and staff, including CEOs, Executive Directors, and Vice Presidents.
- Make wise judgments in a fast-paced business environment.
- Orchestrate a long-term process that requires the input and coordination of people in various roles from multiple organizations.
- Handle confidential information with impeccable sensitivity and discretion.
- Foster effective working relationships with people of different temperaments and needs.
The Executive Search Associate’s specific responsibilities include:
- Apply research strategy established by search leaders in order to identify potential candidates.
- Conduct initial outreach to potential referral partners and candidates via phone and email.
- Qualify potential candidates through detailed interviews discussing specific organizations and opportunities as well as the candidates’ background, competencies, and interests.
- Present a slate of qualified candidates to search leaders.
- Accurately and regularly document candidate information and interaction in DRi
- Coordinate with the Candidate Stewardship Associate to chart candidate progression throughout the search process.
- Assist search leaders in creating updates and candidate presentations for clients.
- Actively foster relationships with potential candidates by developing, maintaining, and utilizing networks.
- Constantly be proactive in identifying new sourcing and networking tactics and opportunities.
- Stay apprised of executive search best practices and communicate knowledge to search team.
- Represent the company with integrity and professionalism.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution and at least 1 year of experience. No in client or project management. Candidates should have excellent relationship-building skills, including a professional, tactful, and articulate communication style and an instinctive ability to judge character. Ideal candidates will be attentive to detail, well-organized, and analytical and methodical in their approach to problems; able to take direction and contribute proactively to a team; and able to thrive in a fast-paced culture. Experience with a CRM database and knowledge of the non-profit world are preferred.
Work Environment and Benefits
DRi’s Arlington, VA headquarters offers an intimate team-based environment in which all of our 10 staff members have an immediate working relationship with each other and with the firm’s two founders, who serve as its CEO and COO. We hold an all-staff meeting every week, celebrate each other’s birthdays, and have been known to go together to Star Wars premiers and lunches in Georgetown (just a 5-minute drive away across the Francis Scott Key Bridge). We are conveniently located across the street from the Rosslyn metro station in a building with a private parking garage, and a monthly travel reimbursement is available either for public transportation or for parking. DRi employees also receive fully subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance premiums; our plan allows us to choose doctors throughout the DMV area.