Development Resources inc. (DRi), a DC-based executive search and development consulting firm for non-profits, is growing and seeks additional team members to help us continue to deliver exceptional client services. We have a unique opportunity for an exceptionally organized Search Associate with outstanding interpersonal skills.
Since 2001, DRi has provided services to help non-profits located across the country and around the world to thrive, excel, and grow. We are founded on the belief that non-profits make the world a significantly better place, and that the work they do every day is too important to forego the resources they need to fulfill their missions. We offer executive search, fundraising consulting, and strategic planning services to support a roster of non-profit clients that includes such renowned organizations as Habitat for Humanity, the Southern Poverty Law Center, the National Gallery of Art, and the Wildlife Conservation Society. DRi’s executive search practice helps non-profits design effective staff structures and identify and recruit outstanding leaders who will help make the world a better place.
DRi has an opening on its four-person Executive Search Associate team. Executive Search Associates are directly involved in the execution and support of candidate networking, sourcing, and assessment for DRi’s executive search practice. They report directly to DRi Principals and are responsible for identifying and recruiting qualified candidates for DRi clients.
The Executive Search Associate’s more specific responsibilities include the following key tasks:
- Conduct initial research and outreach to potential candidates and sources via phone and email based on research strategy established by DRi’s Principals
- Qualify potential targets through detailed interviews discussing the specifics of the organization and the opportunity, and explore the candidates’ background, competencies and interest in the role
- Document candidate information and interaction in candidate database to ensure accurate, up to date information
- Coordinate with the Candidate Stewardship Associate regarding candidate progression throughout the search process
- Present slate of qualified candidates to Principals
- Provide client updates to DRi’s Principals and clients
- Actively develop relationships with potential candidates by developing, maintaining and utilizing networks
- Constantly be proactive in identifying new sourcing and networking tactics and opportunities
- Stay apprised of executive search best practices and communicate knowledge to search team
- Represent the company with integrity and professionalism
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution and at least 1 year of work experience, preferably in project/client management. Knowledge of the non-profit sector is preferred. Candidates should also have:
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Professional interpersonal skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Tactful and articulate communication skills
- Analytical and methodical approach to problems
- Excellent judgement of character
- Strong sense of motivation to achieve results
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and work independently as well as part of a team environment
- CRM database experience required
Work Environment and Benefits
DRi’s Arlington, VA headquarters offers a team-based environment in which staff members have a close working relationship with each other and with the firm’s two founders, who serve as its CEO and COO. We hold an all-staff meeting every week, celebrate each other’s birthdays, and have been known to go together to Star Wars premiers and lunches in Georgetown (just a 5-minute drive across the Francis Scott Key Bridge). We are conveniently located across the street from the Rosslyn metro station in a building with a private parking garage. A monthly travel reimbursement is available either for public transportation or for parking. DRi employees receive
fully subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance premiums.