ISH-DC was founded in 1936 as Washington, DC’s first residence for racially and culturally diverse students. A member of International Houses Worldwide (IHWW), ISH-DC delivers an exceptional living experience to a highly diverse international community of graduate students, professional interns, and visiting scholars who describe the House as world-changing for them.
Through a close-knit community, leadership development activities, public programs, and high-profile special events, ISH-DC has promoted intercultural dialogue, life-long connections, and global citizenship among more than 15,000 alumni, who have gone onto high levels of government, business, academia, and journalism.
The Board of ISH-DC seeks an experienced leader and manager to serve as the public face of this prestigious organization. Drawing on the organization’s well-regarded programs and reputation among senior leaders in the nation’s capital, the Board and the next Executive Director will work collaboratively to continue ISH-DC’s growth in four key dimensions: revenue generation, marketing, financial management, and governance.
The ideal Executive Director will bring to ISH-DC:
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience, and at least 5 years in a role with staff and budget management.
- Experience in an institution serving young adults of diverse social, economic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Broad experience across leadership functions, including non-profit management, fundraising, education, and program development.
- Familiarity with high-level relationship-building in the Washington, DC region.
- Commitment to ISH-DC’s core values of diversity and inclusion, international dialogue, and global citizenship.