Development Resources inc. (DRi), a DC-based executive search and development consulting firm for non-profits, is growing and seeks additional team members to help us continue to deliver exceptional client services. We have a unique opportunity for an exceptionally organized Executive Assistant with outstanding interpersonal skills.
Since 2001, DRi has provided services to help non-profits located across the country and around the world to thrive, excel, and grow. We are founded on the belief that non-profits make the world a significantly better place, and that the work they do every day is too important to forego the resources they need to fulfill their missions. We offer executive search, fundraising consulting, and strategic planning services to support a roster of non-profit clients that includes such renowned organizations as Habitat for Humanity, the Southern Poverty Law Center, the National Gallery of Art, and the Wildlife Conservation Society. DRi’s executive search practice helps non-profits design effective staff structures and identify and recruit outstanding leaders who will help make the world a better place.
DRi has an opening for the Executive Assistant to the COO. This position plays a critical role in managing the logistics of DRi’s engagements, serves as an external face of our firm, and coordinates with non-profit clients and with potential executive search candidates. Through this process, the Assistant helps achieve positive outcomes in specific assignments while cultivating long-term relationships that are essential to DRi’s ability to support the non-profit sector.
For the right person, this position is a unique opportunity to develop critical career skills, including the ability to:
- Be a confident representative to high-level leaders and staff, including CEOs, Executive Directors, and Vice Presidents.
- Make wise judgments in a fast-paced business environment.
- Orchestrate a long-term process that requires the input and coordination of people in various roles from multiple organizations.
- Handle confidential information with impeccable sensitivity and discretion.
- Foster effective working relationships with people of different temperaments and needs.
Reporting jointly to DRi’s Administrative Director and to the COO, the Executive Assistant takes specific responsibilities for the following key tasks:
- Represent the company with integrity and professionalism
- Maintain the daily calendar for the COO: includes scheduling and confirming all on- and off-site appointments; making relevant travel arrangements; and producing a daily book of preparatory materials required for meetings.
- Manage the COO’s email and ensure timely follow-up.
- Provide top-level customer service to all clients and prospective clients.
- Produce and update contracts, background materials, and other documents for new and current clients.
- Keep records in DRi’s internal database up to date by uploading candidate information, meeting notes, and feedback on a daily basis.
- Serve as office administrative support, including answering phones.
- Provide additional administrative support as needed.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution and at least 1 year of work experience. Candidates should be unfailingly attentive to detail; highly organized; analytical and methodical in their approach to problems; tactful and articulate; able to take direction and contribute proactively to a team; and able to thrive in a fast-paced culture.
Work Environment and Benefits
DRi’s Arlington, VA headquarters offers a team-based environment in which staff members have a close working relationship with each other and with the firm’s two founders, who serve as its COO. We hold an all-staff meeting every week, celebrate each other’s birthdays, and have been known to go together to Star Wars premiers and lunches in Georgetown (just a 5-minute drive across the Francis Scott Key Bridge). We are conveniently located across the street from the Rosslyn metro station in a building with a private parking garage. A monthly travel reimbursement is available either for public transportation or for parking. DRi employees receive
fully subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance premiums.