Development Resources inc. (DRi), an Arlington based professional services firm for non-profits, has a unique opportunity for an exceptionally organized Executive Assistant who thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
Since 2001, DRi has provided services to help non-profits located across the country and around the world to thrive, excel, and grow. We are founded on the belief that non-profits make the world a significantly better place, and that the work they do every day is too important to forego the resources they need to fulfill their missions. We offer executive search, fundraising consulting, and strategic planning services to support a roster of non-profit clients that includes such renowned organizations as Habitat for Humanity, the NAACP, the National Gallery of Art, and the Wildlife Conservation Society. DRi’s work helps non-profits design effective marketing and fundraising programs and identify and recruit outstanding leaders who help make the world a better place.
DRi has an opening for the Executive Assistant to the COO. This position plays a critical role in managing the logistics of DRi’s engagements, serves as an external face of our company, and coordinates with non-profit clients and with potential executive search candidates. Through this process, the Executive Assistant helps guarantee positive outcomes in specific assignments while cultivating long-term relationships that are essential to DRi’s ability to support the non-profit sector. The person in this role also provides vital internal office support, assisting the COO with all aspects of business operations.
For the right person, this position is a unique opportunity to develop critical career skills, including the ability to:
- Be a confident representative to high-level leaders and staff, including CEOs, Executive Directors, and Vice Presidents.
- Make wise judgments in a fast-paced business environment.
- Orchestrate a long-term process that requires the input and coordination of people in various roles from multiple organizations.
- Handle confidential information with impeccable sensitivity and discretion.
- Foster effective working relationships with people of different temperaments and needs.
- Assist in the full scope of business operations.
The Executive Assistant’s more specific responsibilities include the following key tasks:
- Maintain the daily calendar for the COO, schedule and confirm meetings, arrange travel and produce the daily book with all information required for meetings.
- Manage the COO’s email as required to ensure timely follow-up.
- Provide top level customer service to all clients and prospective clients.
- Produce background materials for new clients and draft update materials for current clients.
- Assist with billing activities, including tracking bills, payments, deposits, etc., with remotely located accountant
- Act as the liaison with DRi’s vendors. Serve as the interface with the IT company for all staff.
- Monitor the Search and DRi email accounts and update the internal database.
- Track insurance, membership, and business registration information and process renewals.
- Add information to the internal database on a daily basis including candidate and assignment information, meeting notes, and feedback.
- Serve as primary office administrative support, including filing and answering phones.
- Oversee the reordering of office supplies.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
The Executive Assistant must have a Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution and at least 1 year of work experience. Candidates should be exceedingly proactive; unfailingly attentive to detail; highly organized; analytical and methodical in their approach to problems; tactful and articulate; flexible to shifting priorities and deadlines; able to take direction and contribute productively to a team; and able to thrive in a fast-paced culture. Candidates should also have a comprehensive understanding of the MS Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Word.
Work Environment and Benefits
DRi’s Arlington, VA headquarters offers a team-based environment in which our 10 staff members have a close working relationship with each other and with the firm’s two founders, who serve as its CEO and COO. We hold an all-staff meeting every week, celebrate each other’s birthdays, and have been known to go together to Star Wars premiers and lunches in Georgetown (just a 5-minute drive away across the Francis Scott Key Bridge). We are conveniently located across the street from the Rosslyn metro station in a building with a private parking garage, and a monthly travel reimbursement is available either for public transportation or for parking. DRi employees also receive fully subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance premiums; our plan allows us to choose doctors throughout the DMV area.