The Director of China Programs will oversee existing public health programs of the Tobacco-Free Kids Action Fund (TFKAF)’s Beijing Representative Office focused on non-communicable diseases. TFKAF is a leading civil society organization dedicated to the fight to reduce tobacco use and its deadly toll in the United States and around the world. It also seeks to build advocacy capacity to advance broader public health goals.
The Director of China Programs will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategies to advance policies and measures advancing related to its existing programs. S/he will provide technical support to partners and grantees in China, and coordinate partner and grantee activities to ensure program effectiveness and synergy. Qualified candidates will understand and have proven experience with policy development or policy promotion, and will be a strategic partner to grantees, partners, and funders. The position is based in Washington, DC.
- Provides strategic leadership in all aspects of TFK’s work in China and supervise the Campaign’s in-country staff.
- Develop and implement annual strategies and work plans for promoting full implementation of the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC). Strategies will be focused on policy related to tobacco taxation, tobacco advertising bans, smoke-free environments, and public education, all of which are core elements of the FCTC.
- Work closely with various stakeholders including governments, academic institutions, and civil society organizations to advance measures and policies related to achieve policies consistent with international best practices for other non-communicable diseases.
- Coordinate provision of financial and technical support to in-country groups working to encourage policy change and increase public understanding of key issues.
- Promote in-country technical and advocacy capacity in the areas of tobacco control, cardiovascular health, and road safety
- Manage the China team, including the operation of the Campaign’s Representative Office in Beijing, China to ensure the RO complies with all regulations and requirements for overseas NGOs
- Represent the Campaign as a speaker at conferences and training seminars in China and globally.
- Coordinate with global partners in the program areas to promote collaboration and synergy.
- Directly communicate with donors about the progress of various programs in China when necessary.