One of the nation’s highest ranked charities with one of the most distinctive models of community-based fundraising is seeking a Director of Major Gifts to help fuel its fight against child poverty.
Cradles to Crayons (C2C) was founded in 2002, with a mission of providing children, from birth to age 12 living in low-income and homeless situations, with the essential items they need in order to grow and thrive –at home, at school, and at play. Cradles to Crayons is at the cutting edge of volunteer management, serving as one of the most attractive organizations to volunteer at in its headquartered city of Boston, providing unique, hands-on opportunities to help others in need. As Cradles to Crayons continues to execute on its strategic plan, the organization intends to expand into new markets and grow its impact.
To aid in this expansion, C2C seeks a Director of Major Gifts to join its team. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Director of Major Gifts manages the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual/family gifts with the goal of broadening the family philanthropy platform and, in particular, to help increase the number of major gifts ($10K+) for the organization. The primary focus of this position is maintaining and growing major gifts as a revenue source for the Massachusetts market beyond its current $3M funding level.
The Director’s specific qualifications should include:
- Five to seven years of professional experience in development and at least two years in a supervisory role; experience in the Greater Boston philanthropic community preferred.
- Experience planning, managing, and implementing fundraising events.
- Experience managing and growing affinity groups and donor circles is preferred.
- Experience participating in teams with shared responsibility for outcomes and decision-making.
- Excellent ability to manage projects, prioritize and organize tasks, and pay close attention to detail.
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency in SalesForce or a CRM system such as Raiser’s Edge and research tools such as Foundation Directory or GrantStation.
- Basic understanding of budgets and financial statements.
- Bachelor’s degree; degree in Communications, English, Journalism, or Political Science preferred.