Episcopal Relief & Development impacts the lives of over 3 million people annually, working in collaboration with church partners and other local organizations to facilitate healthier, more fulfilling lives in communities that are struggling with hunger, poverty, disaster and disease. Episcopal Relief & Development also works around the world and in the US responding to and rebuilding after disasters. It respects the dignity of all people, views them as neighbors, and works alongside participants regardless of religious affiliation or background.
Episcopal Relief & Development recognizes the central importance of a diverse and talented staff in our success. It seeks a Director, Human Resources who can help the organization reach the next level of excellence by translating organizational goals into HR policy and practice.
The Director is responsible for leading all areas of HR operations, including recruitment and talent management; learning, development, and team building; compensation; and compliance. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker who can hire and develop leaders across the organization, advance effective teamwork, and work well with a diverse staff located around the world. Reporting to the VP, Finance and Operations, the Director will lead efforts to develop and retain the team that the organization has assembled and to continue aligning staff systems with the organization’s international development goals.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 7 years of experience in a non-profit organization; experience in an international organization is preferred.
- Experience leading strategic HR initiatives, especially designing staff structures and managing talent.
- Experience supporting a diverse, multi-cultural, and geographically distributed team; experience supporting an international team is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to a customer service philosophy of HR functions.
- Knowledge of HR best practices and basic employment law, including federal, New York State and New York City legal requirements, such as EEO, ADA, workers’ compensation, wages and hours, etc.
- Skill in employee relations and dispute resolution; ability to manage difficult situations with tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.driconsulting.com.