A leader in proven data-driven, evidenced-based solutions to global poverty is seeking a Director of Global Fundraising and Communications to lead its outreach and development efforts.
Evidence Action aims to be a global leader in creating opportunity and improving the lives of millions trapped in poverty around the world. True to its name, Evidence Action works seamlessly across program data and program delivery, collecting and analyzing facts to build evidence-based and cost-effective initiatives that can be scaled up to reduce the burden of poverty. Armed with this approach, funders and program officers allocate resources where they can have the greatest impact around the world.
In the four years since its 2013 founding, Evidence Action has already established flagship programs that treat widespread and potentially dire problems with simple, scalable solutions. Deworm the World and Dispensers for Safe Water, its two founding programs, have increased their reach 5-fold to help more than 200 million people in 2017. To meet its own high standards of program development and delivery, Evidence Action is building systems to make its success renewable and to sustain a pipeline of innovative, life-saving programs. The organization has adopted an ambitious set of program development targets for 2020, including full-scale implementation of 4 to 5 new programs. Its traditional sources of support, including grants, individual giving campaigns, and charity aggregators, will need to be expanded to support its new programs.
Evidence Action is seeking a Director of Global Fundraising and Communications to build a professional fundraising program that supports its ambitions. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director will support communications and fundraising by the CEO and Board of Directors, lead a team of fundraising and communications professionals based in Washington, D.C., and collaborate with program leads and with Africa- and India-based communications staff. The Director will provide leadership for global activities and programs that diversify and grow financial support and cultivate long-term partnerships with donors and influencers to strengthen the Evidence Action brand.
The ideal Director will have:
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising/communications; experience in organizations working on international development is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of individual giving programs at all levels, from mass market outreach to targeted major donor cultivation.
- Outstanding major gift fundraising record at the 5- and 6-figure level.
- Familiarity with the community of charity aggregators and their principles/operations.
- Demonstrated ability to balance long-term strategy and day-to-day fundraising activities in a small, team-based environment.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree or continued professional development preferred.