The nation’s only comprehensive veteran services organization seeks a Director of Development to professionalize its growing fundraising efforts and outreach to capitalize on its national potential.
The Code of Support Foundation believes that fragmentation of services is the largest obstacle to helping service members, veterans, and their families, and it addresses this obstacle through a set of integrated programs that have won national support and recognition.
This approach has helped fuel quick growth in just a few short years. COSF recently won a $1M grant from Bristol Meyers Squibb to develop a cloud-based platform that makes its own integrated approach to support services available to service providers across the country. The platform is slated to complete beta testing and become widely available in June of 2018.
The new Director of Development will build on this growth to create a professional fundraising program that advances COSF’s mission and core programs. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development will prioritize hands-on prospecting and relationship building to expand a pipeline of donors from all constituencies, including individuals, corporations, and foundations, with a particular focus on building a pipeline of individual major gifts.
The ideal Director of Development will have:
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible fundraising experience; at least three years in a management role.
- Background in a military or veteran services organizations is useful.
- Successful experience overseeing a comprehensive direct response fundraising program that expanded a donor base and revenue.
- Record of securing 5- and 6-figure gifts from individuals and corporations; some experience working with foundations is preferred.
- Experience patiently coordinating and educating volunteers in fundraising activities.
- Good instincts for balancing strategy and day-to-day operations on a small fundraising team.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred.