Episcopal Relief & Development impacts the lives of over 3 million people annually, working in collaboration with church partners and other local organizations to facilitate healthier, more fulfilling lives in communities that are struggling with hunger, poverty, disaster and disease. Episcopal Relief & Development also works around the world and in the US responding to and rebuilding after disasters. It respects the dignity of all people, views them as neighbors, and works alongside participants regardless of religious affiliation or background.
Episcopal Relief & Development is seeking a Director of Campaign to lead the national, grassroots effort to deepen its connection with Episcopal Church members. Working closely with volunteer leadership, the Director will create campaign strategies, materials, and activities to build relationships with congregations and dioceses that will lead to increased donations.
Additionally, the Director provides strategic input into Episcopal Relief & Development’s individual giving program and will carry a donor portfolio to make personal solicitations for major and planned gifts.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years of experience, including multi-year campaign fundraising.
- Proven knowledge of developing and implementing cultivation strategies for multi-year fundraising campaign; experience with church or religion-based institutions preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing fundraising strategies to increase donations across various fundraising streams, from grassroots and peer-to-peer to major gifts and planned giving.
- Demonstrated skills coordinating and motivating volunteer leaders.
- Experience developing compelling fundraising appeals in print and online.