RIF is the leading champion for children’s literacy: in partnership with a grassroots network of 1 million volunteers in schools and communities nationwide, it has distributed more than 415 million books and impacted the lives of more than 50 million children.
RIF believes every child deserves an opportunity to own books, learn how to read, and obtain the fundamental building blocks to achieve their highest potential. Literacy opens doors and enables every child the chance to live their own journey. RIF has identified a significant and cyclical literacy crisis facing America today and it begins with the literacy rate among children. Its current program addresses this crisis.
Reading is Fundamental seeks a Director of Annual Giving who will design, implement, and manage comprehensive programs and strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors through all funding channels with a specific focus on cultivating individual donors. In this capacity, the Director of Annual Giving will work with the development team to help diversify and grow the organization’s revenue streams to support RIF’s mission.
The Director of Annual Giving is responsible for the oversight, planning and implementing a comprehensive fundraising program that secures significant financial resources from foundations, corporations, and community organizations in support of children’s literacy.
Ideal candidates for the Director of Annual Giving role will have:
- At least five years of progressively responsible non-profit development experience, including a minimum of three years staff supervisory experience.
- A strong record of cultivating donors through multiple channels and raising major gifts.
- Experience in developing donor-centric cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Demonstrated record of successfully building relationships and supporting and servicing donors, prospects, and other relevant constituencies.
- Ability to imagine, research, develop, and coherently propose new ways to engage prospective and current donors.
- Experience organizing cross-functional projects and teams within a national-level non-profit setting.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.