Mercy Health Services seeks a Development Officer, Annual Giving to expand individual giving to Mercy Medical Center, a community-driven Baltimore healthcare institution.
Mercy Medical Center has a distinguished history of serving the Baltimore, MD community since its founding in 1871. Following the example set by its founding Sisters of Mercy, the Medical Center has set a standard for providing compassionate care to residents of Baltimore and surrounding areas for more than 100 years. During that time, it has evolved into one of the region’s premier healthcare providers. By attracting respected physician leaders, Mercy has carefully built centers of excellence in women’s services, orthopedics, cancer care, digestive health, and a variety of surgical specialties, while maintaining its traditional strength in primary care and community medicine.
Mercy Medical Center seeks a Development Officer, Annual Giving to strategize, design, and execute the annual giving program at Mercy Health Services, including all giving under $10K. The Development Officer will use a variety of approaches, including direct marketing and in-person solicitations. S/he is responsible for identifying and qualifying prospective donors, cultivating positive relationships, and directly soliciting donations at the intermediate level (between $1K and $9,999).
The ideal Development Officer will be a good analyst and relationship builder. She will be enthusiastic about engaging stakeholders of all backgrounds, building networks among donors and volunteers, and developing broad-based partnerships, and will be able to marshal analysis of data to support these activities. S/he will have a record that demonstrates good instincts, creativity, and persistence in managing long-term donor relationships; a trustworthy and sincere demeanor that comes across equally with a diverse range of people; and excellent organizational skills necessary to work in the multi-faceted fundraising program of a complex institution. The ideal Development Officer will have experience applying these skills successfully in community-driven and Baltimore-based organizations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in non-profit development; experience in a healthcare institution is preferred but not required.
- Experience developing and executing all aspects of multi-channel direct marketing campaigns; knowledge of a range of contemporary direct mail techniques.
- Experience analyzing donor records to identify fundraising opportunities and design successful messaging.
- Experience managing a donor pipeline and designing and making successful face-to-face asks.
- Comfort managing affinity groups and deepening members’ participation in fundraising.
- Experience working with program staff to identify and pursue funding opportunities to meet specific department needs.
- In-depth knowledge of Baltimore philanthropic communities desired.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge preferred.