An organization that has been fighting on the behalf of soldiers with disabilities seeks a Development Officer to ensure that the government delivers to our nation’s 22 million veterans and active duty personnel the benefits to which they are entitled.
The NVLSP believes that providing legal support to service members, veterans, and their families is the best combat in addressing this obstacle through a set of integrated programs that have won national support and recognition.
NVLSP seek an motivated Development Officer who will lead the cultivation of a development process that will identify individual and corporate donors. The Development Officer should be passionately committed to its mission to serve as the development lead for fundraising efforts. The Development Officer will serve as a thought-partner with the Director of Development and aid in support. Bringing a blend of strategic and operational leadership to the development team, they will promote new levels of engagement for current and prospective donors and help advance the culture of philanthropy across the organizations. The Development Officer is directly responsible for building a program design that will cater to individual giving, major gifts, institutional giving, corporate sponsorship, special events, and development operations.
The new Development Officer is an innovator in philanthropy who has deep experience in prospect development, major and principal gift fundraising, and institutional and corporate giving. The successful candidate will be a leader, manager, mentor, and collaborative colleague who is comfortable both driving major initiatives and building a donor program for the organization. Supporting the Director of Development to help spearhead NVLSP continued growth.
The ideal Development Officer will have:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience leading development and building development programs
- Background in a military or veteran services organizations is useful
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, direction, and management oversight project simultaneously; ability to work in an hands-on environment
- Record of developing innovative and strategic fundraising plans and executing against them to expand a donor base and overall revenue
- Ability to set high standards and to provide steady direction, guidance, and mentor-ship to staff both individually and as a team
- Values-driven leadership that balances self-confidence and self-awareness and is committed to personal and professional development
- Bachelor’s degree is required