The food service industry employs roughly 10% of the American workforce. The industry’s largest trade association is seeking a Manager of Development and Industry Relations to build support for workforce development programs that advance those 14 million employees.
The NRAEF was founded in 1987 as the philanthropic foundation of the National Restaurant Association, the world’s largest foodservice trade association. Both the NRAEF and the National Restaurant Association work together to support more than 500,000 restaurant businesses that are engines of economic mobility and growth. Foodservice careers disproportionately help first-generation college students and minorities, offering a pathway to long-term professional growth.
- More than 6 in 10 NRAEF scholarship recipients identify themselves as part of an ethnic or gender minority
- 1 in 3 NRAEF scholarship recipients are first-generation college students
- 9 in 10 restaurant managers started out at entry level
- 8 in 10 restaurant owners started their industry careers in entry-level positions
The work of the NRAEF is driven primarily by comprehensive corporate, foundation, and individual partnerships in the foodservices industry. Partners support dynamic NRAEF programs in order to invest in the industry’s future. The NRAEF’s partners include many of the industry’s biggest names, from Aramark to Coca-Cola, Chipotle to Nestle, and Cargill to American Express.
The NRAEF is seeking a Development and Industry Relations Manager to build strong and lasting relationships with corporate partners and donors—managing a portfolio of mid-level donors in the $10,000-$100,000 range, forging individualized donor plans, and designing and executing creative strategies that deepen engagement and increase giving levels.
The ideal Manager will have:
- 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a fundraising or sales role.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles.
- Experience managing corporate accounts is required; corporate fundraising is preferred, including creation and solicitation of high-value sponsorship opportunities and significant annual fundraising appeals to major corporations and corporate leaders.
- Significant business and stakeholder relationship building experience.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an aptitude for recognizing and seizing opportunities.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, complex, and results-oriented environment.
- An understanding of the business model of food service operators, suppliers and distributors is desirable but not required; experience in the food industry is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred.