Public Interest Registry is a unique non-profit organization that manages the .org domain, the internet domain of choice for non-profits and other organizations committed to doing good in the world. PIR seeks a Chief Financial Officer to oversee all aspects of its sophisticated financial model, which blends the characteristics of the non-profit sector and the fee-for-service domain name industry.
Public Interest Registry manages 10.3 million domain names worldwide that generate annual revenue of approximately $100M. As a non-profit organization with its own .org identity, however, PIR does not just manage website addresses: it runs multi-faceted programs that actively advance the ability of mission-driven organizations to use the internet and the .org domain safely and effectively.
Under the leadership of CEO Jonathon Nevett, a pioneer in the domain name industry, PIR has developed a 2019 strategic plan that calls for the expansion of its educational work. The Chief Financial Officer will be a key member of the executive management team directing this plan. S/he will lead the 6-person finance team to ensure PIR meets its financial targets and effectively manages resources, while also helping to sustain the organization’s reputation as a best place to work where employees are valued as whole individuals.
Are you ready to turn an already successful financial career to doing good? Interested candidates with the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- At least 15 years of broad progressively responsible experience leading a finance and accounting function.
- Sophisticated approach to governance, risk, and control.
- Strategic mindset with a record of innovation, particularly technological innovation.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to establish trust with stakeholders.
- Ability to serve as an ethical role model to non-profit staff.
- A relevant advanced degree (Master’s, CPA, CMA) is desired.