Paterson Habitat for Humanity, a cutting-edge affiliate within the International Habitat for Humanity network, seeks a Chief Executive Officer to help write a new chapter in the history of Paterson, New Jersey and to make it a model of affordable housing initiatives that work for 21st-century communities.
Since 1984, Paterson Habitat has been a pioneer in the effort to turn strategic home-building into an engine of self-sustaining neighborhoods. Its next Chief Executive Officer will provide vision and leadership to redesign its approach and create generational opportunity in one of the nation’s most populous cities.
The ideal CEO will have a record of successful visionary leadership; an ability to communicate in powerful ways that unite people around a mission; and an appreciation of the mission of Habitat for Humanity and of the community of Paterson where the affiliate’s work is concentrated. The CEO will be an imaginative and entrepreneurial thinker but also pragmatic, well-enough focused and organized to ensure that big dreams are translated into concrete achievement.
Qualifications of ideal candidates include:
- At least 10 years of senior experience in a non-profit or relevant business organization.
- Record of developing and implementing successful strategic growth plans.
- Experience building and leading high-performing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated experience communicating and coordinating with government officials, Boards of Directors, and senior staff.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and networking experience.
- Demonstrated success in major development/ fundraising programs.