This position is no longer accepting applications as of July 3, 2019.
DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar seeks a Chief Executive Officer to lead a one-of-a-kind organization that offers full-spectrum support for civil defense attorneys who represent the interests of businesses, insurers, and individuals in civil litigation.
For nearly 60 years, DRI has offered an expansive set of programs on an unparalleled scope and scale, delivering expert perspectives on the principles and practices of modern civil defense to attorneys, courts, elected officials, academics, and the broader public. Its programs help individual defense attorneys improve their practices and provides them a collective voice in improving the judicial systems of the nation and individual states.
Building on its wide-ranging perspective as the only open-membership organization for defense attorneys, DRI sees numerous opportunities to innovate and to continue expanding its influence and diversifying its membership to ensure the legal interests of business, insurers, and individuals are guarded.
The new Chief Executive Officer will continue to work with the Board of Directors and Executive Committee to implement DRI’s strategic plan to achieve this expansion, with a focus on continuing to broaden DRI’s membership base and to continually enhance its role as both the servant and voice of the civil defense bar. The CEO will have wide latitude to evaluate existing efforts and establish a broad vision of member outreach, programs, and service delivery.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 10 years of senior experience in a non-profit or relevant business organization.
- Professional experience in a legal research organization, law firm, or not-for-profit.
- Record of developing and implementing successful strategic plans that attract supporters and energize members and other stakeholders.
- Sophisticated understanding of organizational planning/design.
- Experience building and leading high-performing multi-disciplinary teams, including legal, finance, human resources, development, and operations staff.
- Excellent communication skills and strong marketing, public relations, and networking experience across a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Juris Doctor and Bachelor’s degrees.
Applications must be received by July 2, 2019.